- “You have a great rapport with the kids, a key to getting them to have fun and stay attuned to the program.”
- – Jeff Zanelli, ReadBoston Coordinator
Mark was a big hit; the staff and students really enjoyed his presentations.
— Connie Marr, Webster Middle School
— Southborough News
“Our students still talk about your stories.”
— Paul Cuffee School
Interested in booking a show?
Email Beth Hellman
or call (401) 272-8707
“I was a student in a class you taught at RISD one winter, ‘Telling Lies.’ Your teaching continues to be an inspiration, both as a performer and as an educator. When I’m not working away at the surrealist robot cabaret where I live and perform, www.omnicircus.com, I work as an EFL teacher and consider some of the creative activities of you class to be the best I’ve encountered.”
— Bethany Schwartz
“Mark Binder is a great bloke. A man who knows, who feels, who genuinely loves, and who is very smart and a true creative spirit who carves out wonder in a world at times bent on the wicked.”
— Larry Quick
“The teachers thought you were ‘wonderful’, ‘fabulous’, and ‘engaging.’
“The students were enraptured with your stories and loved your special effects. One of the third grade students who walked by during one of your other presentations remarked to his teacher that it was different from what he’d seen. His teacher told him that was a mark of a good storyteller — one who knew many, many stories and could tailor it to the audience.
“Now everyone wants to include a professional storyteller every literature week.”
— Irene Kwidzinski, Northville Elementary, New Milford, CT
–Gordon School Vacation Camp
“A fabulous and dazzling storyteller.”
-Kathleen England, Cumberland Library
“The Children were enthralled by your stories”
Marilyn Katz, Cub Scout Pack 104
-Alicia Antone, East Providence Public Library
“It is wonderful to work with performers who know their craft and their business.”
– Francine Murphy Brillon, Slater Mill
“Thanks for a great performance!! Everyone loved it. Each story was very entertaining, and it was great when you got the kids involved with hand movements and sound effects. The stories were hilarious. My class liked the pizza story and Jack and the Beanstalk the best. Thank you again for a great addition to our Reading Week activities!”
Sincerely, Jessie Proulx Grade 2 Teacher WCRS
“Thank you for coming to our school. The students and teachers truly enjoyed your stories. We all appreciated your enthusiasm! We will definitely keep you in mind for future events.”
– Charlene Baer, Librarian, Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton Academy
“I was at the Athenaeum with my grandchildren when you were telling stories………I just had to let you know how my 6 year old grandson told everyone at the holiday table about your stories, in detail. It would have so made you smile! His comments began………… ‘I met an author yesterday………….’ I didn’t know he was following the stories so closely!”
– a Greatful Grandmother
“Thank you again for doing such a wonderful job. My upper level teachers said their students enjoyed your classroom visits tremendously, I am sorry I missed sitting in on one of those visits. We felt you did an excellent job.”
-Virginia, Drouin, Principal, Alfred Elementary School, Alfred, Maine
I listened to your Hanukkah stories and loved them! Thanks for sharing your talent with me. You are soooooo entertaining.
– Michelle Michelle Ryder Coordinator of Gifted Programs PEGS Administrator Lindbergh School District
The children enthusiastically enjoyed your stories, and are eagerly awaiting your next visit. I am highly recommending your services to our associate organizations and youth facilitators.
– Keri Anne Beauvais, Boys and Girls Clubs of Providence
“I want to thank you for your creativity and participation during our grand opening last week… this event greatly added to the spirit of fun we were trying to bring to both our members and our employees.”
-Kate Lowther, Coastway Credit Union
“What a treasure! I love the sparkle in your eyes when your energy envelopes the children, sending them laughing.”
-Jeanne Donato, Storyteller
– Judith Black, storyteller
- call 401-272-8707
“Thank you so much for the entertaining stories you told to my 2 second grades today! The kids were totally engrossed and loved the voices, songs, and wisecracks (though “a salt and battery” seemed more for my sake than theirs!). On the way outside, some of the kids were begging me to let them take home the CD you left. We will put it to good use.”
– Derrith Schwarz Library Media Specialist
William D’Abate Elementary School
“What energy! What ideas! What a show!
Thank you, thank you for a wonderful performance last night at Seekonk Library. Your storytelling is fun, action-packed, and hilarious.”
You certainly have a knack for drawing the audience into your stories…. and I’m so thrilled that your presentation was pure storytelling — no gimmicks, no big props, just your gestures and facemaking, which is so rare in these days of high technology and theatricks.
The kids are still talking about your appearance. The parents want you back, and I’m very happy. I don’t think I can come up with enough superlatives to express the terrific way you presented yourself and your program. It really was fabulous, and I’m so glad you’ll be back next summer for another performance.
- With all best wishes and renewed thanks for such a pleasurable time, I am
- – Mary Ellen Siniak, Senior Children’s Librarian, Seekonk Public Library
And one year later, after a different show…
– Mary Ellen Siniak, Senior Children’s Librarian, Seekonk Public Library
– Rabbi Israel Stein, Congregation Rodeph Sholom, Bridgeport, CT
- “To have had so many kids in tight confines and to be able to hear a pin drop, that’s a miracle!”
– Craig Gordon, 4th Grade teacher, Temple Habonim, R
- “Thank you so much for coming to speak at our Brown Bag Club on Tuesday. The group really enjoyed your readings and was very interested in all the commentary about the writing and your literary life. It was a delightful presentation, and I appreciat you spending time with us.”
– Sue Suls, Brown Bag Club, JCC of Rhode Island