“Fun” “They were all listening.” “Students were completely engaged.” “They asked questions.” “Mark kept everyone’s interest.”
Types of events and structures
As an author and spoken-word story performer, the format of Mark’s events vary depending on the needs of the organization.
Mark almost always begins with a story. He engages the audience and adjusts the presentation based on the needs of the organization, and the group of people who are with him that day. If there are questions, he tries to take as many as possible. If folk look fidgety, he shifts gears and engages their bodies and spirits with movement and sometimes songs. In other words, he’s flexible.
• Classroom presentations • Whole school assemblies • Writing and Storymaking workshops
• Grades PK-K, 1-3, 4-5, 7-9, 10-12. • Faculty trainings • Family events
• Audience sizes 10 to 200 to 400 to 1,000
• 45-60 minutes for Author visits and story performances. • 60-90 minutes for workshops
• Optional book and CD signings and “Lunch with author” events
• Optional evening family “story concert” (about 45-60 minutes).
Library, Church, Synagogue, Mosque and Theatrical Events
• 45-60 minutes thematic presentations • 90 minute Writing and Storymaking workshops
• All ages. Parent and child. Teen events.
• Single events, multiple events, multiple day residencies
• Book Signings/Author talks
Camps, Scouts and other organizations
• 45-60 minutes thematic presentations
• All ages. All group sizes
• Indoor or outdoor