Stories with a humorous edge: a “variety-show” of literature, storytelling and comedy (with the occasional song)
“Mark Binder is a consummate professional, who knows how to engage and entertain senior citizens. He makes sure that he’s heard, and deal with any inevitable interruptions with a sense of humor. Seniors really laugh and enjoy his stories.”
—Sue Robbio, Director Senior Services, City of Providence, RI
- Programs are 45-60 minutes long, and include a sound system.
- Programs for seniors or seniors with families/children
- Each visit will include new stories. (Because Mark is the author of more than a dozen books and collections of stories. He always has a range of stories to choose from.)
- Options include:
- Seasonal programs: Stories for Spring; Summer Tales; Autumn/Halloween; Winter Holiday Season
- Literary author visit
- Life in Chelm – Original and Traditional Jewish Folktales
- The Art of Peace – a program about conflict and resolution
- The Rationalization Diet – Humorous anti-diet lecture
- Tall Tales, Whoppers and Lies
- The Politics of Rhode Island: an inside look. NOTE: This program IS political.
- Family Programs that bring seniors, adults and young people together.
“We had a wonderful time at your program, your story telling is different and unique you seem to become your characters. We loved the mixture of your music, comedy and storytelling, what an imagination! Your stories were perfect for the occasion. The day after you program I heard many residents repeating the stories you had told, to me there in no better complement. We can’t wait to have you back again!”
—Joann Marzilli, Activities Director, Tamarisk Senior Center
For more information…
Please email Beth Hellman, call us at (401) 272-8707, or fill out the form below.